Scrolling

5 space-saving ideas from a fab Swedish home

I hope you had a great weekend? It's all very well showing beautiful, spacious homes like this one and this one. But what about if you live in a teeny weeny one room / studio apartment (love that one)? Today's Swedish home is a fine example of how small can also be beautiful using a few clever space saving ideas.









Alvhem

5 take-away space-saving ideas from this home:
Raise the bed to create floor space (here they have used the extra space for a home office)
Use high shelving as storage (they have used shelving above the door in the hallway)
Save space with an extendable dining table
Source stack-able dining chairs which also look great like the Thonet 214 chairs (15% off with code MTSCAN).
Make the most of every square inch by adding cushions to a windowsill and using it as a place to sip coffee and flip through a magazine in the morning.

I spy Menu POV tea light holders on the wall. A VIPP binThonet chairs (15% off with code MYSCAN) and the Hay coffee table (10% off with code SCANDI-HOME). Doggy 'Tillsammans' prints.

Some exciting news too - please welcome my new sponsor DaWanda who fab sell fashion, accessories, home and vintage items.  I am all over this light, fine art print and paper cuckoo clock (Christmas pressie for my little girl's room?).

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Lovely home - so small ! I have the opposite problem here. The candle holders are MENU POV wall, I'm not sure either where I saw them for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, extremely helpful. I've updated the post to include this now. /Niki

      Delete
    2. You are welcome. Oh dear, I seem to have just moved a picture and have a lovely wall where these would look fab... they are a good price too. This blog is dangerous for my wallet !

      Delete
  2. it's the POV candle holder
    http://www.asplundstore.se/products/pov-candle-holder
    i just love how it looks in this place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, wonderful! I've now updated the post. I'd love a set of tealight holders like these this winter :)

      Delete
  3. Do you know where I could get hold of the prints of the dogs wearing hats that they have in this home? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie - you can find them in this shop....http://www.lamaisondannag.com/fr/16-deco-murale?p=2 /Niki

      Delete
  4. Wow, this space is so small but gives an impression of space. I love it and i would like to use some of the tips for my own place. Thank you for this usefull post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and smart function planning, Love those tea light holders - I must remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this appartement ! I want the same :)
    Thank you
    see ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all loook very Swedish!:) xo Caroline
    Ps, I´ve changed blog name and address:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely place and how smart these ideas to make the most of a little space.
    Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often see those string lights on the photos you publish (also in this post: in the corner on the first picture). Do you happen to know where they are from? Thanks!
    Nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a set of these myself too - they're super popular in Sweden. I bought mine from the Swedish shop http://www.granit.se/

      Delete
  10. The only thing I would add would be a sort of rail on the bunk bed because the idea of rolling over from a bunk bed and falling to the floor while I sleep makes me nervous :) Other than that this is a great example of how you don't need massive space to make a home cozy and spacious

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, best use of the limited space! Wondering where I can find those area rugs?

    ReplyDelete
  12. how did you fix the POV menu candleholders to the wall?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO