Scrolling

A happy and relaxed, boho studio in L.A

It's Friday - oooo yes! I've been waiting for you! Although don't you feel sometimes the weekends go like this?! I'm finding Californian style so inspiring this week and after yesterday's home I went on a hunt for another happy space. And it came in the form of Justin Blakeney's studio in L.A. The industrial architecture makes a great backdrop - the huge windows let in an abundance of natural light, and I'm loving the high ceilings. But it's the vibrant colours and patterns along with the relaxed boho vibe which caught my eye. I know shocks of colour aren't for everyone (especially if you like the monochrome style) but hey, it's the weekend - and they're designed to be colourful right?!  











Justina Blakeney shared with kind permission.

If Monday morning came round and you were headed here wouldn't you feel just a little bit of a skip in your step?!

For more inspiration - Justina is the author behind fab book 'The new Bohemians'. And a ton more office / work / studio space ideas here.

Other links from around the web this weekend:

If you're in the mood for a little DIY project this weekend, I'm loving this key rack (although you might be tempted to buy a neon bag to go with it!).

How cute are these brightly painted sticks and shelves? If you're a bit of a dab hand, perhaps you could make your own this weekend?

Here in Sweden there are deliciously ripe apples all over the ground begging to be baked in a pie or even a comforting melted cheese and apple sandwich - mmmmm! 

Oh and if you're looking at doing up a child's bedroom I've just discovered Yorkelee's cute kids prints as seen in this pic (love the swing too!). In fact, they'd look good in any of these lovely children's bedrooms (inspiration galore!).

Have a wonderful weekend!

PS LAST DAY to vote for My Scandinavian Home in the Amara Interior Blog Awards - I'd be so happy if you feel like stopping by here to vote.

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. What a WONDERFUL collection of textiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely!! Traditionally have you found walls in this style are painted brilliant white or more of a grey based white? I really want the scandi look in my home but can't quite figure out the right white to pick for the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting Apartment for Rent in Bay Square I will be waiting for your next post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I wished my Studio had those windows and that funky feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this space is so cool! Love the pink touches and the patterns and textures! <3

    http://www.thisisjulie.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO