Scrolling

A unique and fabulous German home

I feel inspired. Not just because it's a beautiful morning here in southern sweden (although that certainly helps) but because of the unique design of this home in Germany.  The images dropped into my inbox last week from design company STUDIO OINK who not only designed the interior but also chose the art and design products for the home. The soft fabrics (sheer curtains, sheepskin rugs) and wooden furniture work really well in warming up the more austere combination of concrete and marble (who would have thought these two materials could work so well together?). And then there's that touch of mid-century and brass. What a fabulous home don't you think?!














STUDIO OINK
I think this is one very cool home, how aboout you?

To me, the artwork really stands out. I'm a big fan of  'ocean' photography / art and even have a board dedicated to it on Pinterest! I'm waiting to hear where the piece in the dining space is from but in the meantime other ocean art pieces I love include Tulum, by Max Wanger as seen in this home and the limited edition seascape print  by Kara Rosenlund (her incredible home can be seen here). Take me to the ocean!!

STUDIO OINK also designed the fabulous Asbau apartment. If I lived in Germany I know who I'd get to help design my home...!

Have a lovely day! 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I definitely love it!!!!!!!!! It's is so calm , soothing and inspiring! I love the soft shades of white and beige and the smart dividing solutions.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first impression of the place was that it looked a bit cold, with all the stone flooring and concrete ceiling but there are some absolutely amazing details there. I went bananas for the huge beach photo and the glass pendant lights. Do you know who is the designer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photographer of the beach image should be credited back with this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/beaut/6208936590

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cite and lovable Interior designing and interior furnishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Does anybody know where the highboard is from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interior designing and interior furnishing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you ever find out about the beach pic? You have the best blog ever, btw xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a superb interior!!! i love the chair design! like mine :)
    thanks for share!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great article! We specially love the mega bulb pendants!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO